Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Official

Today was the deadline for nominations to get handed in. I managed to get mine in ahead of time and I am now focused on the road ahead. In this post, I want to address the reasons that I am running and call my supporters to action.

The Reasons:
1. As a born and raised Vancouverite, I have often criticized many of the choices that politicians have made and I decided that instead of complaining, I would be the change.

2. As a musician, I would like to use my songwriting skills to address the current political municipal issues. In my own opinion, political hip hop is what made the art form what it is today. With music as a tool, I plan to raise awareness about the importance of exercising our democratic rights and

3. I am very interested in the process of running for mayor and trying to understand what it takes to compete against the campaign machines that both the NPA and the COPE/VISION parties are using.

That being said, my first call to action is to help me fundraise for supplies and marketing materials. I didn't think it was very fair to ask for donations to the campaign based on just my ideas and my platform. I also wanted to make sure that I had something tangible that you could have as a thank you. So here is my first single entitled Relevant Development. It's is a song about all the recent developments that are being OK'd by city hall.

The song costs one dollar. 50 cents of that goes to my "Food and Rent" fund. The other 50 cents goes towards my campaign. There is an option to pay more than 1 dollar if you feel so inclined. Any purchases over $1.50, 1.00 will go to my "Food and Rent" fund and the rest of it will go to my campaign. If you decide to pay 5 dollars for a track, 4 will go to the campaign, 1 will go to me and my son. Hope you enjoy the track, stay tuned for more updates.












No comments:

Post a Comment