Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dubgee for Mayor

It's Goin Down.

So this is how it's going to go down. If nobody else is going to do it, I guess I will. That means I'm coming for that 3rd floor office Gregor.

Listen Vancouverites, I'm pretty sick and tired of being thrown under the bus of City Hall. Gregor Robertson and his team have obviously been working way too hard on their "GREEN" Visions. I can't really say I like the NPA or Cope either because developers have all three parties on their payroll. I do have one or two candidates in this campaign that I think are pretty solid, like Ellen Woodsworth but overall, the party choices in this city suck.

So I'm running for Mayor. I'm exercising my civic rights and launching a campaign. A lot of you who know me know that I love to joke with people and really mess with their minds. But I assure you, the only joke going on here is on us, the taxpaying citizens (and children!) who are constantly being lied to, not listened to, being taken advantage of and in many cases, left out on the street to be miserable. And I'm not going to take it anymore.

My mission is this; To exercise my civic duty and challenge the powers that be. I will also encourage friends, family and peers to engage in more civic politics.

If I can engage even 10 people, and get them involved in the election and it's procedure, I will feel like I have done the RIGHT thing as a citizen and admirer of Vancouver. I will not sit around and complain about the state of things. I WILL DO SOMETHING.

So I encourage the neighbourhoods of Marpole, The West End, Soma, Mount Pleasant and The DTES to stand with me against Developers. I want the residents who have been affected by the Shell gas leak at 41st and Granville to stand against City Hall and their lack of advocacy for your properties. I want youth and DTES residents to stand up against the police violence and apathy that plagues this city. I want every citizen to be able to feel like they have a voice in a safe, affordable Vancouver.

I must say, that ever since I have entertained the idea of running for mayor, I have found tremendous encouragement and support from my peers and family. I am glad I have support too because I have ZERO political clout and ZERO political capital. But I figure what better way to start a grassroots mayoral campaign with little more than some pocket lint and a good idea.

I will be releasing my platform on this blog little by little starting with my views and ideas on development around the city. I will also be campaigning around the city trying to talk and listen to citizens who want their voices to be heard in City Hall.

I hope that you will join me in making our voices heard at city hall by voting for me in the November election. Please check back for updates, press releases, information and event listings. You can also email me at dubgeeformayor@gmail.com if you would like to ask a simple question or book a town hall meeting.



Thanks,



Dubgee

No comments:

Post a Comment